Principles of catchment-scale hydrological modelling
April 16-20, 2018, Environmental Hydraulic Institute (IHCantabria), Santander, Spain
Environmental modellers require robust and practical approaches for model development, calibration and predictive applications. IHCantabria (Spain) jointly with the University of Adelaide (Australia), EAWAG (Switzerland) and IRSTEA (France) are presenting a short course on catchment-scale hydrological modelling. The following topics will be included:
- Hydrological model development using mass balance and constitutive functions
- Numerical methods for hydrological models
- Bayesian methods for model calibration and prediction
- Lumped and distributed hydrological models
- Prediction in ungauged basins
- Hypothesis-testing in catchment scale hydrology
The course will include a 1-day field trip showcasing the hydrological characteristics of the Cantabrian region.
The course is suitable for researchers (PhD students, Masters students and postdocs) in the field of hydrology and broader environmental sciences with an interest in the workshop themes.
Contact The Organizers
Please feel free to contact us, for your questions, inquiries, etc… we are glad to help you!